Thursday 7 July 2011

Lil Wayne - 'How To Love' Review

When I first heard this song, I was skeptical. "Another Lil Wayne sellout track" I thought. I barely listened to any of the song at all. But when I listened to it again, and then again, I couldn't stop listening to it. It's a moving song that doesn't talk about 'bitches and hoes' or money. It talks about the timeless theme of love. It may seem a little bit 'poppy', but it's 'poppy' in a good way. Rather than the production of this song consisting of a tame generic Hip-Hop drum loop with sirens etc, like Weezy songs of recent times, it has a nice soft acoustic guitar in the background - there is a drum loop, but it suits the acoustic 'singer-songwriter' feel that the track has. Hopefully there are more tracks like this to come on the forthcoming 'Tha Carter IV', and less tracks like '6 Foot 7 Foot'. Wayne could be returning to 'Tha Carter III' form if he keeps this standard up.

No comments:

Post a Comment